Make Your Mas(k)!
A MASK REDESIGN COMPETITION FOR KIDS!
Attention, kids! It’s Carnival time in Trinidad and Tobago and in other parts of the world! In T&T, we also used to call it “masquerade” and today we call it ‘mas’ for short. Take one of your COVID masks and redesign it into a unique Carnival mask using recycled objects. Make a mask to “make your mas”! Anything from paint to used sequins to dried leaves can be used – be as creative as you’d like! But please check with your parents to make sure that what you’re using is safe.
First prize in each category
Two free digital music lessons OR two digital dance lessons (your choice). Lessons will be based on a traditional Carnival art form of Trinidad and Tobago.
Plus: Other special prizes!
- Competition runs from February 2nd to March 2nd, 2022
- Open to children, 1-12 years old
- Submit in the following age categories: 1-2; 3-5; 6-8; 9-10; 11-12
- Only online submissions made via the form found at zumzummuseum.com will be considered
- Enter as many times as you like. Each entry must be submitted on a separate form
- Parents – please help your creative child use safe recycled objects to redesign their masks
- Parents again – please let the children come up with their own redesign – just give them safe materials to help them create!
- The judges’ decision is final.
Enter as many times as you like. Each entry must be submitted on a separate form.
Please name your file like this: firstname.lastname.ageofchild (jpeg images only, please!)